For my Personal Project, I learned how to use inkscape and began learning how to use the Othermill software. Sadly, I did not have enough time to print my project, a plaque for the Sandbox I built, in metal. I made a plaque in Affinity Designer, and printed it on my last day.
My project was an automated slingshot that was activated by a distance sensor. Sadly, with sports and missed classes we were unable to quite finish the automation of it, but successfully programmed the hummingbird with the servos and distance sensor. We used sugru, rubber bands, wood, dowel rods, and of course the hummingbird in all for our project. The dowels were hot glued into holes in a thick and sturdy wood platform that carried the entire project. The rubber bands were cut and stretched in between the rods and sealed with sugru on each end. After they hardened, we began programming the distance sensor to turn servos and LEDs when it noticed a small change in distance, or a moving object.
We planned to put our project up next to a doorway and actually had the servos turn and achieved everything we had planned for, except for putting it all together. With a few more classes I definitely think we could have made the catapult/trap fully working and would have had a full completed plan, from idea to finished product.